TopROPS manufacturers various sizes of dumpchocks, depending upon the requirements, supports working load limit (W.L.L) from 10,000 lbs to 50,000 lbs and even more.
Dump chock is an engineered solution for safely securing unmanned Dump Truck bodies.
Dump body movement is controlled by a dump lever inside the cab. Potential Hazards for a dump body injury or fatality:
- The lever is stuck or seized
- Lever fails
The dump body could be actuated if the linkage is pushed.
Dump Chocks for Truck Bodies are available in 15, 20, 25, 30, and 50 TON configuration
NEED FOR DUMP CHOCK
- Between 1996 and 2006, 31 incidents involving the unanticipated release of movement of an elevated truck body in the USA took place.
- Makeshift dump body props do not ensure safety in an elevated position, which may cause a slip out of the break.
- Nearly all “dump bed falls” accidents result in death.
Causes for a sudden movement of dump bodies include
- Hydraulic failure
- Inadvertently pulling of a release cable
- Premature reconnect of an airline